Thursday, February 4, 2010

Is It Lost or just on vacation?


My first art class was 3 hours about value. I came home with 15 little 1" squares painted from white to dark blue, I don't know if it was such a good value for me. But, with that said, I can always learn. 
















I applied the value lesson to the donkey I was painting and wasn't liking to well, and realized it was all the same value. So I tried to change it. I painted white over the orange backround. Which made it look kind of gray. Then I painted over the white backround in the same colors as the border. All an interesting experiment. It was lost, but now I think it may be saved. Time will tell.
                                                          

This week instead of doing the exercises in class she said I could go ahead and work on my own project. Which I did. The reason I'm taking the class is to learn new techniques and so far I am just out there on my own. I think I signed up for the wrong class.



No comments:

Post a Comment