Friday, September 7, 2012

September 7, 2012

Love and Loss

It is a part of life. You get to have to love but then you must bear the loss. I try to picture my little beloved somewhat like this. I still feel her presence with me. This morning, half way between sleep and wake, I heard her give a little sigh, like she used to do. And I knew she was near.  


This is a card suggested by the Parade director. I didn't quite know how to go about drawing it or what to say, but my facebook friends gave me lots of ideas, and shared with me some of their special moments with the little loves of their lives. 

My friend Jenny laughed when I told her I always cry when I hear my pets songs. She didn't seem to know that pets come with songs. My little one, that just departed, song to me is, "Just the Way You Are" by Billy Joel. My favorite line is "I don't need clever conversation..." . Oh bother, now I'm starting to tear up. I have lots of work to do today, and crying is not on the schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment