Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1, 2013

My Mom in her Gold dress


The quote from Mary Oliver reads, "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

It was my mom's act of courage and hope that she bought this dress last March. The good doctors at the Mayo clinic didn't hold much hope for her a year ago Christmas, and had given her about a year. When we were shopping she did hesitate for a moment, and said, "What if I'm not here next New Year's Eve?" Then just as quickly said, "Even if I am in Iowa, and I have to go to the Pizza Ranch, I'm wearing this dress!"


Here she is. Her and my Dad celebrated the ringing in of 2013 dancing the night away at a hot little club in Florida. I love them both so much and I am so thankful that they are both here and happy, and have such a courageous outlook on life. It's a wonderful way to start the new year.


Happy New Year!
Wishing you health and happiness.

1 comment: