Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013

Trying a New Technique

An Ode to Practice


This is a copy from a painting from Elle Decor. 
It is is layers of washes--this is a series of photos from my first attempt.


First layer of green totally wiped out my birds.


Have to repaint birds, notice that the art I am trying to 
copy hasfour birds hidden in the picture.
I didn't notice all the birds the first time.


More green and yellow washes. 


Time to add some color to these birds. 


Final wash with a different brush. Trying to hide the birds, I guess.
The original painting is so cool. I did not do it justice. I don't think I should 
be finished, I am just finished for now.


See what the computer can do? 
It can take my painting and make it look rather cool. 
I just keep telling myself to keep practicing and I will get there. I will get somewhere, whether by accident (which is highly probable) or by diligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment