Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 230

Warrior Girl, Thor's Daughter

This is in honor of my beautiful little mama (renamed Thor) who is headed into radiation treatment for the second time. Her father came from Norway and we grew up hearing the stories of bravery and daring. Now is the time for my mom to be full of the courage from her legendary ancestors.


This is an excerpt from a letter I sent out to my family:

And to our dear little Mama, remember your blood, it comes from the cold North Sea, it is full of heroics, adventure, daring and bravery, which you have exhibited your entire life. I could site examples from all of those categories. You are strong. You are courageous. It is in your blood. Not everyone is born a Viking, but you were, use it! And never forget, Vikings drink from the skulls of their enemies and when they die, it's with their sword in their hand! Skol!




1 comment: