Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 236 & 237

Ode to Norm
Champion Ski Jumping Grandfather from Norway

I had a big party on Saturday and I had to opt out of painting in lieu of decorating my house and cooking. Truth be told, the ski's are my mom's (and you really would not do those long high ski jumps on these skis) and the boots are my grampa's. I absolutely love the color of these skis and the coolness of the squared off toed boots, with the hand cobbled leather soles. This is what you see when you enter my front porch. Hopefully you might even think that I could be athletic. Next year, maybe I will do an ode to my dad, and create a cool vignette with hockey sticks.



My handmade advent calendar. (I learned to felt a few years ago and just did my designs in felt instead of paint, and I think it turned out really cute)



Believe it or not, I worked all week and still had to decorate the tree on Friday afternoon, I thought I would never be ready for the party.


I find I spend huge amounts of time (that I would really prefer to be elsewhere) in front of the kitchen sink. My theory is to try and have it as cute as possible. During the holidays I like pine boughs and pots of greens collected (for free) from my friends house, or just of the bottom of my christmas tree. Last spring I was so longing for anything green I went out one day and cut little sprigs of grass (right before it snowed again) and put them in teeny tiny little vases and it cheered me up immensely. In the summer and fall I always have fresh flowers from my own garden. Sometimes I just have bunches of green leaves. It makes washing dishes so much more bearable.



And the party was fabulous, if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that advent calendar is adorable. Did you knit then felt those stockings? Because if so, I am even more jealous of your amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did felt all of the advent socks. They are made of wool and roving. My littles love them and look forward to each day's gift.

    ReplyDelete