Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 55

Am I doomed to a life of painting cute little fluffy lambs?
(even though cute fluffy lambs are my fav)

Still working on the "abstract" painting. This is where is hurts, art exposure before it's fully developed (or the fact that I didn't have time to paint anything else to put on the blog in it's place).


Why is this so hard? There seems to be no rhyme or reason with abstract, but in reality it has to be thought out and crafted. Fluffy lambs might be easier to work with because you know what you have. Trying to evoke an emotion with a combo of color, is hard, at least for me, oh, and I want that emotion to be, "Wow! I love that, it makes me feel happy." So far, not so much happiness in my camp.


This makes me happy, and it is just the board I use to put my paintings on. It also makes me mad because there was no thought put into this recycled cardboard backing and it looks cuter than what I spent hours on. Do I need to relax and loosen up, drink some absinthe (which is out of the question since I am on an all natural cleanse, sans alcohol) or do I need to plan and draw and calculate?


I am going to get this, I promise, even if I have to do abstract lambs, it might take me the rest of the year. Or maybe I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment