Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 75

Something New (to me)

When I was a little girl I would look at things and draw or paint them. Well, that is what I did this morning, it didn't just spring from my brain all crisp and ready. I keep asking the question, "how do they do that?" Sometimes to figure it out, I have to try to do it too. I was captivated by the colors and shapes. I realized my brain couldn't cope with not knowing what the what the white/grey thing in the backround was. Is it an elephant? Is it a man's shirt? I don't know, mine ended up looking like a jacket with floating beachballs, but I don't think it was really anything. It's interesting how our brains process. Mine seems to want to identify things. A spill on the table, cracked flooring in a bathroom stall, the stones in a fireplace all turn into lions, wolves or a woman screaming. I can't stop seeing things in things, maybe I'll never be able to do that "modern" painting that's all deep and meaningful. Oh well, I still have 296 days to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment