Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 89 & 90

The Birth of Venus

It was a hard delivery and it didn't come out quite right. I got sick, I can't make turquoise (I always mix most of my own colors, expect turq and magenta, I never seem to be able to get those right) and it was blazing hot in my un-airconditioned studio. Anyways, enough complaining. Last year I had this idea, what if Venus wasn't curvy, what if she had a 1960's hairdo and was a little embarassed about being naked, what would that look like? Well not exactly like this, but I still have it in my mind how it would look. I'm half way there. It is so excellently cool in my head, now if I could only get it out and onto the canvas, I have the most wonderful heavy gilt frame that needs a piece of art. I will get this right. I am going to the paint store today just to get Turq. and then we'll see who's in charge.

Day 90

Day 89

Last year's idea, with the last 2 day's worth of work


No comments:

Post a Comment