Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 167-174

Nordic Guys

December 2012 Calendar Page


When I created this calendar exclusively for Season's Catalog, they told me December had to stay neutral as far as holidays were concerned. I thought about doing a Christmas scene this year but, I changed my mind. I like these strange little guys biking in a Nordic forest in winter. It makes no sense. My mom's comment was, "Well, Kristin, none of your art makes sense, so what's the problem?"


There are not a lot of pictures this week, because I had to do a lot of thinking. Thinking doesn't show up until the end.


I worked everyday and the physical proof is in the super rough drawings in my journal. I have snow bears in igloos, lots of positioning of deer. I ended up deciding on doing a rather rectangular shaped deer with angular heads. Instead of producing I had to just think and draw and draw.


No comments:

Post a Comment