Saturday, January 4, 2014

August 2014 Calendar Stories

Sanibel Calling


August. My birthday month. I let myself do paint whatever I want in the month of August. I have often painted my beloved dog Belle. Several times I have painted lions, the Leo symbol for the month. This year I painted one of my favorite places, Sanibel Island in Florida. Every year, for the last 30 years I have gone to Florida in the winter. I usually work on the calendar during that time. I always go to the beach. This was a step out of my normal painting style for me. It is layers and layers of acrylic paint to create the soft back round, and just a simple seabird in the foreground. It's not cutesy or necessarily happy, but I do find it peaceful and restful. Stop struggling and breathe the fresh sea air. Rest. Be peaceful. Keep it simple. Relax. Enjoy. Be still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment