Saturday, January 4, 2014

November 2014 Calendar Stories

Peru


 A couple of years ago my dear friend, Sharon sent me a package with an envelope that she had taped on the outside of the box with my address written on it. I thought the envelope felt a little thick so I took a knife and pried it off the box and opened the envelope. To my surprise inside was a letter and photos written to me from my friend but dated about 15 years earlier. She must have found my address and taped it on the box without looking inside the envelope. My friend had been on a mission trip in South America and the photos were of her and a little Peruvian girl in full costume and there were photos of llamas all decked out and in full and glorious color. The way only the handiwork of Peru can look. It was wonderful. November is the month of family, because of Thanksgiving. This year I just have one little child and her friends, because friends can be just like family and sometimes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment