Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 218 & 219

Tempted by the Fruit of Another

Yes you have seen this before. This one is 16 x 20 and took me two days to complete. I've been working on larger canvases and can't seem to do them in a day. I think this super-duper fancy frame adds something to this painting.



I am thankful I still like to draw naked people and like a second grader I find it funny

When I was painting this picture, I couldn't help remember a time my dad brought home this extra pink paper from the school he taught at. I must of been about 6 or 7 and I remember being in the basement and getting the paper out of this green cabinet and Stephanie and laid on the floor and drew naked pictures of people, until I heard my mom's voice, "What are you doing?" in a very accusatory tone....I felt so "caught" and then embarrassed. But I can't help it, in the last few years I went back to drawing those same naked pictures of people, well, maybe they are a little bit different, but very kid like, only now I laugh. I think I am going to hang this one up in the beautiful frame for Thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment