Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 274

Lucy McT

I rethought the color scheme of this painting and decided to do the country french colors my friend has in her kitchen. Coco (my 5 year old) let me know the dog in the photo was cuter than my painting, I am going to have to hire that girl.


I love these wood panels. I love the exposed birch edges and they are totally different to paint on. If you are a painter you should try one. The actual dragging your brush across the surface feels different. Wood is exciting to me. Plywood fascinates me, but I haven't ventured into that arena yet. CB2 (a new store owned by Crate & Barrel) does great things with plywood and duck tape, I know it sounds strange but they had great visuals in their store.


January 9, 2012 (this actually was finished on the 1oth)

No comments:

Post a Comment