Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 275

Painting Day with my Mom

She is working on bluebirds and I decided to tackle a huge painting, still not convinced on the color I should do.


Working away on her teeny tiny birds. When I was little my mom would do these tiny oil paintings that my sister and I just loved, but I swear she painted the entire canvas with a brush that had about two hairs in it. It took her forever, but then it would wouldn't it.




Then there is me, using a house brush. I like big. I was invited to dinner at this woman's house, she was some kind of clothing designer and worked for a big company, anyways, her dining room wall had a painting that was the size of her dining room wall and framed in a massive frame. It was incredible. This is minute compared to that painting. But you have to start somewhere.


I might go pink.


My dad, not an artist with paint, but definitely creative in his own way, checking out my mom's progress. (They're so cute)


Here is the canvas with one coat of pink over the ochre and burnt sienna layers. Can't hardly see it.


January 10, 2012
(finished Lucy McT, and started the "big" painting)

No comments:

Post a Comment